Saturday, July 28, 2012

July

Well it has been a busy last few weeks to say the least. I am preparing for our biggest KidzArt event of the summer, the week-long summer camp. Also, I've been averaging 28 hours per week for RISE - on top of my usual 30ish hours for KidzArt - I really don't know about this two job thing.. luckily it will be coming to an end soon (I am training my KA replacement in August).

The only good thing is that RJ has taken over the majority of the house-work. 

I can't complain at all because I truly enjoy both of my jobs. It just always seem like there aren't enough hours in the day.

I did take a break last weekend to go to the pool with Laura in Hudson, while RJ went to the Indian's Game with <Big> Reed, Chelsey and Trevor. They recently joined Lake Forest Country Club which is just beautiful. It's only about 2 minutes from their house, so it was just a matter of time before Reed convinced Laura to join :) They are going to be quite the golfers. I'm happy for them and needless to say, it works out pretty well for us as pool guests too!



The problem with having a home office...


I tried my hand at spicy thai peanut sauce a few weeks ago. We chopped up cucumber, carrot, peanuts and celery and tossed the peanut sauce with whole wheat soba noodles (Ohio City Pasta, of course! Thanks, Trevor). I wasn't sure if we would like it or not but it was actually pretty good!


On Tuesday's in July we take the RISE kids on education field trips, like I mentioned in my last post. On the 17th we went to Amish country (that trip I ended up in the Millersburg hospital until 6:30pm with a child who had an allergic reaction - yikes! We got to Amish country at 8:30am, so yes, that was a long day!)

This Tuesday we went to the zoo, the kids loved it! We've been having 120-130 come on the trips. It's a lot of planning, organizing and coordinating, which explains my elevated hours for July. I love going on the trips though.


Part of my job with RISE is continuing with the educational art programming at the shelters. After we went to the zoo, the next day I had the kids do a monkey project (and snack on animal crackers of course) and they were so darn cute. This was my sample:


 This is what happens when RJ does the grocery shopping. I know we usually eat pretty healthy, but last weekend we just had to make these.


What is the point of eating healthy if you can't splurge every once in awhile anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment