Sunday, September 16, 2012

Georgia/Hilton Head Vacation

The last week of August we had the great blessing of visiting some family in Georgia and then joining more family inj Hilton Head. It was a great time to get away for awhile as I had been working a lot during July and August. I have transitioned into just the one job and it is fantastic! I spent most of August training my replacements at my former job while also working more hours for my RISE job. I am so happy to focus on just one program now!

Back to the trip...

We started the week in the Atlanta area, visiting Grandma and Grandpa. Conveniently, Aunt Sheri was visiting at that time too. It also fell on Grandma's birthday, so we got to celebrate that as well.

We also were able to spend some time visiting with Uncle David, Aunt Beth and my cousins Caroline, Julia and Ellen. Pictured below is their dachshund, Max, and one of their cute kitties. Another highlight of the few days we spent in Georgia was hanging out with my cousins Hayley and Hayden and Aunt Lanette. It really made me miss living closer to everyone, like we did during our college days.

After spending a few days in Georgia, we met Reed, Laura, Chelsey and Trevor (RJ's fam) in Hilton Head for the rest of the week. It rained for a few days, but there was still good time to sit by the pool, read, go out to eat, golf and of course, have margaritas. One of the days we went kayaking which was great! We loved it. We also got to take a sunset boat cruise one of the nights which was great. We had the best view of the blue moon and also did some dolphin spotting!

The timing was perfect because we got home on Sunday night and then had Monday off of work for labor day. It's always good to have an extra day to unpack, do laundry and get ready for the work week.

Harvey came with us on the trip and we was great in the car. As long as he's in his bed, he's pretty much happy wherever, even in the car (especially if his bed is sitting on my lap!).


We are so thankful for this trip, we loved getting to see everyone and hang out together.

Big thanks to Reed and Laura for inviting us to Hilton Head again - it's always wonderful! 

It's starting to feel a lot more like fall lately. This trip was the perfect way to end the summer!

Love,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete