Wednesday, June 29, 2011

RJ's new favorite toy, cornhole and organizing office

Other than decorating, we have taken a break from house updates so RJ can focus on another summer project. Making cornhole boards!



After much discussion with the Saw Expert at Lowes, he picked out this beauty:


I think it's love.


He's working on three sets of cornhole boards: one for us and one for each of our <awesome> Dads as Father's day gifts. 

The other major project we've been working on is my office. I am admittedly a little bit disorganized (I can already imagine the laughter from that understatement) so I enlisted RJ's help.

With the nature of the art program, I have tons of art stuff. I bought a bunch of bins from target and RJ helped build me some shelves to put them on.


And this weekend I had the idea of putting a magnetic strip along the bottom. Renee gave me these cool magnet strips from Ikea last August and I finally decided how I wanted to use them. That is why I have trouble getting rid of things - genius ideas can take awhile!

So while the idea was good I wasn't sure if RJ could pull off drilling the magnet strip along the bottom of the wood without splitting it.. but he did! Mr. Handy. So now along the bottom shelf I can hang up pictures, kid's drawings, etc!




On the shelves themselves I also have bins for materials to stay organized. With RJ's help I am slowly becoming a more organized person. As he says, the first step is admitting you have a problem.. so he's proud of me for taking that step!
  

My office closet is getting better too - I got some shoe organizers that will help.


I'm still working on it but it's getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment