Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lately..

Making Hummus / Afternoon Tea / New Stationary / Veggie, Nuts, Cheese & Cracker Appetizer 

I'm always on the lookout for pretty stationary and the other day I found that set above for $1.50! Can't beat that. I think they'll be perfect for my 'better late than never' Christmas Thank You's / Valentines.

Tom's / New Fabric / House-Plants in Old Mugs / Broccoli Cheese Baked Potato 

It has been such a mild and wonderful winter (as you can see above, no snow!). If every winter was like I wouldn't feel the desire to migrate south come December. Although someday I would love the opportunity to live close to a beach.

Yesterday and today have actually been a nice break as I was actually working on both Saturday and Sunday mornings! I can hardly call it work, however, because I love it. On Saturday the Main Library in Akron (which is an amazing library) hosted a Family Reading Festival Day. Project RISE had a table set up where we were giving out information about our program and books for the children. I really enjoy spreading the word about the program and getting to meet other community members. Plus, I was "manning" the table with a few other staff members I really working with so that made it even more fun.

On Sunday I was asked to speak about the program to a local church who is sponsoring us for the month of February. I'm not a huge fan of public speaking but when I care about the topic the words come easily and the nerves subside. It was actually kind of fun feeling like a preacher for a few minutes up in front of the congregation. We have been trying out churches in the area so it was a fun opportunity to try something different.

RJ had to fly out early Monday morning but will be back tonight so it's a quick trip. I got myself a "chick flick" from the redbox to watch last night (and some chocolate covered pretzels) so I was set! 

I had my shelter art program last night and tomorrow is an office day for me. Yesterday and today were business as usual in the home office. I took the cat to the vet today and already have dinner in the slow cooker! It's "everything but the kitchen sink" vegetable soup with black beans, corn, cilantro, tomatoes, roasted red peppers (those were also jarred, not self-roasted), lots of spices and home-made veggie stock. I'm pretty proud of that last part (Drew gave us the idea). We'll throw a little cheese, sour cream and tortilla soup on top.. I'm already looking forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment