Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Goodwill Fashion Show

Back in the fall, I was asked to participate in a really neat Goodwill event - the Goodwill Good Style Fashion Show. They gave me $125 in Goodwill gift certificates to shop for an 8-10 look "collection" with a distinct theme. The theme I chose was Stripes & Florals - my favorite mixed print. Since the event was May 9th, I wanted it to be springy and fun.

After months of shopping and a few model fittings, the event was last Thursday and it was soo much fun! There were 450 attendees in the audience so introducing myself and my collection was really nerve wracking, but it went really well!


Here are all ten looks - including what I'm wearing which was also part of the collection! All that for $125! Some of the belts and all of the shoes were not part of that $125. Also, my friend Sarah made the fun flower crowns some of the girls wore. 



Before the show, our models got their hair and makeup done by Brown & Aveda cosmetology students. Below is Chelsey getting hers done:


 This is my cousin Chrissy (RJ's cousin who've I've adopted as my cousin too) :)


Chelsey, Chrissy and Sarah:


 Mackenzie, Michaela, Sarah, Chelsey and Chrissy:


Trevor's sister, Mickie, was also one of my lovely models:


The two girls on the left (Julie & Amanda) were two of my volunteer models, they did a great job! The girl on the right was part of the Bridget Boudreaux collection I believe:


And now for some runway shots!










After all my looks went down the runway, they had everyone walk down together which was really fun!




All my models did such a great job and I loved how the outfits turned out! 

Big thanks to all of my models, especially Chelsey who rallied some of her Cleveland friends to be models! 

No comments:

Post a Comment