Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chelsey's Clothing Swap Party - 7/17

 You know how I've said I wanted to be a professional Garage Sale/Second-hand-store shopper? RJ's sister Chelsey should be a professional hostess.


Last Sunday (7/17) she hosted our 3rd Clothing Swap Party. One of these days I'll have to give you a photo tour of her house.. it's amazing. Anyway! Chelsey and Trevor's brother-in-law, Daniel, is a chef. He and Chelsey prepared some of the most delicious party food!



Trevor didn't bring any clothes to swap, but we let him have some snacks anyway.


It's not just the (always) lovely food that Chelsey takes the time to put-together that make her parties great, however. She has a way of making us all feel welcome, comfortable and "take-your-shoes-off and-stay-awhile" relaxed. It's hard to explain but some of you know exactly what I'm talking about!

This is their kitty, Mable (better known as "Smoochy").


I have to sneak this in for the sake of ultimate cuteness:


That picture was taken back in the summer of 2009 when Ti and Mable were both kittens. We brought them both over to RJ's parents house and they had a blast chasing each-other around the house. As you can see, after a few hours they wore themselves out. One of my favorite cat memories.

Back to the swap.. 
Everyone brings a few items (shoes, clothing or accessories) to trade. Everything gets set out or hung up and when everyone is ready, you walk around and pick things you want to try on. I have found some really great items at these swaps!





This is Trevor's sister, Mickie. It worked out really well for them because Mickie and Chelsey were best friends in high-school. Fast forward 5(ish?) years down the road and her little brother Trevor became Chelsey's boyfriend (and now husband!). Trevor was in our class in high school, so we've known him (and his ever-entertaining antics) for awhile now. Too funny.



 Mickie and Daniel are having their second little boy any day now!


I like to refer to her as my "Sister-in-Him" because of the first night I met her, at our high school graduation, back in '03. I was standing amongst the crowd with RJ and G-Mom Breece when Mickie and Chelsey walked up to congratulate us. I said: "G-mom, this is RJ's sister, Chelsey." As you can clearly see, Mickie looks more like she would be a relative of RJ's than Chelsey does, so G-mom assumed she was Chels. Mickie knew RJ really well from Young Life (and hanging out with Chelsey all the time) and said something like: "Oh I'm not his real sister, I'm just his sister in Christ!". For some reason I've always remembered that. I can't wait to meet her next little munchin!

This is her son, Zion, last September when they came to watch some Brown's game at the condo. Clearly I was more interested in taking pictures of the baby than watching the game.. I'm sure you're not surprised. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just had to comment on this because I am 99% sure that I have the exact same pink/mauve chair that Chelsey has! I love that you and your friends do clothing swaps- what a great idea. I'm so happy to be following both of your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete