Friday, November 4, 2011

Grandparents Visit

Grandma and Grandpa C were in town from Atlanta last week and it was soo great to see them! It's no secret I really love both sets of grandparents I have been blessed with, so getting to see both sets within a few months was really a great thing for us. 

The first thing we did (not counting the house tour, so I guess second thing!) was to eat Mexican food. A family tradition that RJ has fully embraced. We can't get enough!


The next day, I took the afternoon off and we went to lunch and then to Stan Hywet Hall - a historical mansion in Akron where the Seiberling family lived (Seiberling founded The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in 1898). You can read more about the family and the mansion, here




It was the perfect time of year to visit the house - it's beautiful in any season but especially in the fall. 



I loved having them here! Grandparents are so special. Part of the reason RJ and I want to be "young" parents (start a family sooner rather than later) is because we want our kids to be able to have the kind of relationship with their grandparents (and GREAT grandparents!) that we have been able to have.

1 comment:

  1. As a granny myself (I consider myself a young granny) I love this post! Just yesterday our 2 1/2 year old grandson told my husband, I love you Gramps!! We just melted!!!

    ReplyDelete